The Sibling Book
This book teaches your child how to cope
with the arrival of a new baby.
The story is personalized with the
sibling's details which you provide like
name, age, hometown,
the new baby's name, sex,
and of course your
the person giving the book and the
you are giving it. This makes it a great keep sake too!
We'll add a special message from you to the child like
"You are a great big
or similar, a no cost to you, if you request it on the order form.
Click here to see a sample book. A detailed story of
this book is given below.
We guarantee satisfaction so
there is no risk when you order our books.
Sample page illustration
Sample page illustration
Book #524 Hard cover, 6
3/4" x 8 1/4, 36 pages , Ages 3-9
From Kimberly: I just wanted to send a
note to say thank you! I received the book yesterday and it
wonderful, very professionally bound and printed - and the
turn-around was so quick! Thank you for your excellent service!
Please include the following on the order
- Book number
- Child's name
- Child's gender
- Child's age
- New baby's name
- The new baby's gender
- Name of person giving the book
- Date the book is given
The Sibling Book - Detailed Story
As you read the story below substitute the
underlined information with yours. This is just a sample, your book will be made
using the details above.
- Title - A New Baby In Mike's
- Page 1 - Picture illustrations
(2 samples shown above
- Page 2 - More picture illustrations
- Page 3 - This book was created especially for
Michael Jeremy Smith at the age of 8, with love from Grandma
and Grandpa, September 2, 1999
- Page 4 - Once there was a little boy named Mike,
age 8. He lived in Atlanta. One day, something very
exciting happened at Mike's home. A brand new baby girl came to stay.
- Page 5 - Picture illustrations
- Page 6 - More picture illustrations
- Page 7 - "This is our new baby,"
everyone said to Mike. "Her name is Savanah." Mike could
hardly believe it. "Wow!" Mike said right out loud. "I'm
Savanah's big brother! I wonder what this is going to be like."
- Page 8 - From that day on, Mike began
to find out what it was like to have a new baby sister in his family. What Mike
first noticed was that everyone seemed very happy. Mike also noticed that
everyone seemed very busy, too.
- Page 9 - Picture illustrations
- Page 10 - More picture illustrations
- Page 11 - There was always a flurry of
activity around Savanah. Friends and relatives and neighbors were dropping in
all the time. Everyone wanted to come for a visit. And everyone wanted to see
the new baby.
- Page 12 - Savanah was very nice to
look at! But she wasn't able to talk or walk or play. She wasn't even able to
sit up by herself. There were only two things she could do! She could sleep,
and she could cry. Little Savanah was pretty good at sleeping, and she was
very good at crying.
- Page 13 - Picture illustration
- Page 14 - Another picture illustration
- Page 15 - Savanah took a lot of
looking after. She had to be washed in warm, soapy water: warm, but not too warm;
soapy, but not too soapy. She had to be dried with a soft; fluffy towel: soft, but
not too soft; fluffy, but not too fluffy. She had to be dressed in special clothes
and fed special food. And everyone had to be very quiet, so that little Savanah
could get to sleep.
- Page 16 - It wasn't just friends and
relatives and neighbors who wanted to see Savanah. There were doctors and
nurses, too. They wanted to have a look at her just like everyone else. They
even had special gadgets for listening to her heart, her lungs, and all the other things
- Page 17 - Picture illustration
- Page 18 - Another picture illustration
- Page 19 - Mike wondered if Savanah
sometimes just wanted to be left alone. Everyone was always making such a fuss over
her! Actually, Mike sometimes wished that everyone would leave Savanah
alone. "Maybe they should make a fuss about me for a while," Mike
- Page 20 - Sometimes Savanah was taken
for a walk. She was wrapped in a special little blanket, and there was a special
little buggy for her to ride in. And wherever they went, it was baby Savanah
that the people wanted to see. "Oh, what rosy little cheeks!" they would
say. "And, what pretty little eyes, and darling little fingers!"
"People sure do like babies," Mike thought to himself.
- Page 21 - Picture illustrations
- Page 22 - More picture illustrations
- Page 23 - Baby Savanah was given all
sorts of special presents, just because she was a baby: beautiful flowers to brighten up
the house, big fluffy teddy bears to watch her as she slept, and all kinds of toys!
There were toys to shake, toys to stack and toys to roll. Mike's toys were
mostly old ones that he had played with for years.
- Page 24 - It seemed that no one had much time
for Mike. "Let's go to the park and play," Mike said.
"We're sorry, Mike. We're busy with the baby." "Will you read
me a book?" Mike asked. Maybe later, since the baby needs me just
now." "Could we play a game together?" Mike
questioned. "That's a good idea, but the baby is a little fussy."
- Page 25 - Picture illustrations
- Page 26 - More picture illustrations
- Page 27 - One morning as he was waking up, Mike
had an idea. "When I was a baby," he thought to himself, "everyone
made fuss over me." Mike thought that maybe he should become a baby again.
"If I were a baby," he said to himself, "Savanah wouldn't be
the only one they would fuss about!"
- Page 28 - Mike thought about doing
what baby Savanah did. He thought about lying on his back, and crying the way
Savanah did. "Would I get lots of hugs and kisses if I acted like
that?" Mike wondered...."I don't think so," he said to
himself. "And I think that I would feel pretty silly."
- Page 29 - Picture illustrations
- Page 30 - More picture illustrations
- Page 31 - At play time, Mike wondered
about sitting in the middle of the floor and making funny little noises the way babies
sometimes do. But it was just too embarrassing for Mike! After all, he
was Savanah's big brother! Instead, he picked out a few books and a few toys from
the toy box. They weren't brand new, but they were his favorites and he had lots of
fun with them.
- Page 32 - "Being a baby is fine for Savanah,"
Mike said to himself. "But I'm happy being a big brother! And when
baby Savanah gets a little older, we'll have lots of fun playing together.
And I think she's going to like having me for a big brother!"
- Page 33 - Picture illustrations
- Page 34 - More picture illustrations
- Page 35- "There's a time to be a baby,
and there's a time to be big. And every time can be happy in its own way," Mike
thought. "I'm glad that this is Savanah's time to be a baby. And
I'm glad that she has come to live with us and we will grow up together!"
- Page 36 - Mike Smith, Hope you enjoy
this gift, Grandma and Grandpa